Project Management Essentials Training
This course will expose the participants on the fundamental of Project Management methodology, skills, tools and technique based on the world Project Management Institue (PMI)® best practises.
The participants who are involved directly and indirectly in a project, such as project managers, line managers or functional employees will be able to understand the importance of having the knowledge of Project Management best practise and enable them to be the agents of change to their organization in adopting the proper processes and environment to support the success of any project endeavours.
This course will also open up their mind in answering all the ‘why’s questions on any methodology taught in the course where at the end of the day they will be able to speak, think, act and behave in accordance to proper project manager’s hat.
Meeting the project and business objectives will boost your confidence, expand the participants’ career growth and improve their company’s reputation.
PM Advance philosophy is to train and consult professionals not only based on theoretical knowledge, but also based on real-case scenarios and PM practitioner experience. This will effectively impart the knowledge and the best practise skills to professionals in their daily work in respective industry.
We want you to be better professionals.
Who should attend
- Project Managers/ Assistant Project Managers/ Project Coordinators/ Project Expeditors/ Project team members who want to improve their project management skill
- Individuals/ Junior Executives who are new to project management.
- Project managers seeking a more practical approach to project management.
- Functional managers and team members who are in leadership role in a project.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Ensure that your projects are set-up for success from the start by building a solid foundation of project management knowledge, techniques and tools in this course that covers the entire project life cycle based on PMI® standard.
- Understand on effective ways to manage team members, stakeholders and the rest of people who are impacted by the project
- know how to coordinate the works by using documents and templates which are crucial to the success of meeting project objectives
- Develop an integrated project plan including realistic scope, schedules, budgets, and risks and turn that plan into successful action
- Determine effective ways of integrating project management and general business management in an organization.
- Determine how ethics, integrity, and objectivity affect project management.
- Discuss ways of effectively communicating throughout the Project Lifecycle.
Part 1: Introduction to Project Management
- Definition of project
- Project Constraints
- Global Standards Governing Project Management
- Project Management knowledge areas
- Project Life Cycle
Part 2: Project Initiation
- Influence on a project
- Identifying key stakeholder
- Roles of project governance
- Project selection
- Selection Tools
- Project Charter
- Requirements and specifications
Part 3: Project Planning
- Core Project team
- Project management plan
- Scope management
- Estimating Techniques
- Creating schedule
- Network diagram
- Determining Budget
- Cost components
- Resource Planning
Part 3: Project Planning Continues:
- Risk planning
- Response strategies
- Procurement planning
- Communication planning
- Project management plan
- Project baseline
Part 4: Project Implementation
- Assessing Project Performance
- Earned Value Management
- Corrective action
- Performance reporting
- Managing change
- Managing risk
- Managing quality
- Developing project team
- Managing stakeholders
Part 5: Project Closeout
- Closing out project or phase
- Customer acceptance
- Project closeout issues
- Procurement closeout vs project closeout
- Lesson learned
PMI® is registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.